Welcome to the RM of Elton!
Vision Statement: The vision for the RM of Elton is to provide a desirable and safe community for residents and businesses by enhancing amenities, growing the population, using sustainable practices and being fiscally responsible.
At the regular council meeting held on May 12, 2020, Council indicated they would facilitate dust control on Municipal Roads for residents/ratepayers within Elton. The product Council authorized was Magnesium Chloride.
The costs will be as follows:
Administration Fee: $30.00 per location plus
- For a road surface 16ft wide: $1.02 per foot
- For a road surface 24ft wide: $1.53 per foot
If requesting dust control, please notify Elton Municipal office with your name, civic address and contact phone number by May 27, 2020 at 12:00 noon preferably by email (email@example.com). Any orders received after this deadline may not be accommodated.
- Application site must be clearly identified by stakes by the resident/ratepayer at the time of the request
- The resident/ratepayer will be responsible for all costs for the dust control product/application
- Elton accepts NO responsibility for the effectiveness of the dust control chemical
- Elton reserves the right to preform maintenance procedures as it deems necessary on the treated portions of the road. Although Elton will attempt to minimize any adverse effect of these operations on the treated portion, Elton is not liable for any restoration required.
Please also note: Residents may wish to arrange/apply dust control on their own. A minimum of five (5) days’ notice to the Municipal Office is required before product is applied to allow prepping of the site. Approved products are Calcium Chloride and Magnesium Chloride.
COVID-19 Information and Updates
Letter to Community March 17, 2020 – Letter to all Community Members regarding COVID-19 and the Financial Plan Hearing/Annual Ratepayers Meeting
Notice #1 – March 17, 2020 4.15 pm – COVID-19 Closures, Procedures and Precautions (Notice #1)
Any new information regarding Covid-19 is posted to the Government of Manitoba’s Website and can be found here: http://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19
For up to date information from Honourable Justin Trudeau please visit: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/releases
Farmland School Tax Rebate – The deadline to apply for the school farm tax rebate is legislated as March 31st of the following tax year. MASC has not been advised by the Province of any changes in light of COVID-19. Applications must be received by the end of day Tuesday, March 31st, 2020.
Prime Minister Announces Support for Farmers and Agri-food Businesses-https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/03/23/prime-minister-announces-support-farmers-and-agri-food-businesses
Help Next Door MB – Help Next Door MB is a network of helpers coming together as a community. If you are a volunteer ready to provide support or someone who needs a helping hand through these difficult times this platform can connect you. www.helpnextdoormb.ca